Monday, January 4, 2010

Jan 4 - Just Me

There's so much help on the net getting the Project 365 done. I am running a challenge at DSDI (with rewards!) and I'd love it if you joined us.

I'm also following along a few other forums that are running challenges, offering support and community around helping us all complete the project. One of them is Gotta Pixel, where they are offering daily prompts. Today's prompt was 'You, Yourself and Nothing else…'.

So here it is, in all it's beauty, a photo of me. I am still sick, and in dire need of a cut and colour, but all in all I think it's a decent photo.



Can you see relief on my face? I had a child refusing to go back to school today, because his relationship with his aid has gone really sour (he is Autistic and has a 100% aid). I was prepared for a big struggle, meetings with the school, and lots of meltdownss over the coming weeks. But instead, we were greeted by a new aid, and my son was excited to go to school. I am so thankful that the administration listened to what I said before the Christmas holidays, and that there was someone else able to step in and work with him. I feel a big weight lifted off my shoulders, as this small battle has been won.

3 comments:

  1. Jewel, I can see your relief and I share it with you! I know your frusterations, all to well, as I share similiar ones with my little boy. It's very nice when an administration listens to the parents! I'm so glad that everything worked out! Love your new blog and project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Jewel, I am sorry you have been sick. Me too that is why I am taking a break from designing to nurse my health back.

    Great picture of yourself and past ones too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so sorry for this... ((hugs him for me)) I know what u feel. My son is PDD NOS as well.. and even though he is almost totally ok already, still few things left out and sometimes bugs my heart.. GO AND FIGHT for the BATTLE and WIN IT!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete